I have been asking for this information on a monthly basis from Rotherham council, I am wanting them to take enforcement seriously and to show how poorly it is currently being done. They are refusing to provide the information this month and saying it will be provided in a quarterly report from April. I am happy if they provide all the information I am requesting in April, but at the same time concerned that this is smoke and mirrors and I will get an incomplete answer when April comes around.
Judge for yourself, if you can understand all the technical jargon.
Freedom of information request for enforcement
Freedom of Information Request 1118 -16
I would like you to provide the following information for January 2017, please.
As per Freedom of Information Request 987-16, but with a few updates.
1. Enforcement notices for January. By area across Rotherham borough. Further broken down to Littering, Fly tipping, Dog Fouling and other such notices for environmental anti-social behaviour.
2. I would also like to know how many children were caught dropping litter for the month of January, by area across Rotherham borough?
3. How many letters were sent out to parents?
4. How many parents received fines for children’s repeated behaviour?
5. I would also like to know the total enforcement fines outstanding?
6. Can you also confirm if you have let anybody off following an enforcement fine this month?
7. I would also like to know of any enforcement notices that have been taken to court this month and how much the fine was?
Your request for information has now been considered. Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council cannot supply all the information you have requested for the reasons set out below.
Section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) places two duties on public authorities. Unless exemptions apply, the first duty at Section 1(1)(a) is to confirm or deny whether the information specified in a request is held. The second duty at Section 1(1)(b) is to disclose information that has been confirmed as being held.
Where exemptions are relied upon Section 17 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 requires that we provide the applicant with a notice which:
(a) states the fact, (b) specifies the exemption in question and (c) states (if that would not otherwise be apparent) why the exemption applies
In relation to this particular request, the following exemption applies to
Questions 1, 5, 6 and 7:
Section 22 – Information held with a view to its future publication
Under Section 22 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Council is not required to provide information in response to a request if the information is intended for future publication.
The Council are not providing this information as this information and other data on enforcement is due to be published to Area Assemblies and on the Council’s website in April 2017 and quarterly thereafter.
Response to Questions 2, 3 and 4 = 0